Wednesday 5 March 2014

How I Created The Image For My Poster

The blood for my poster was created by using black and red paint with some water and flour. I had started by mixing some red with a bit of black paint until I had the colour I thought was closer to the colour of blood. Once I had created this colour I had added a small amount of water until the consistency of blood. After this I had added a small amount of flour so that the mixture did not run as much as water yet didn't change the loose consistency a large amount.
Once I was satisfied with the colour and consistency of the mixture I had set up the photography studio, using one of the studio lights in order to create a small shadow on the model and highlight the blood on the hands of the model. When applying the mixture I had poured a little over the palm of her hands and then held them down so the mixture ran in between the fingers, the held them up so it ran down the back of the hands. I had done this in order to create a sense of gore from the running blood to tie in with the horror genre of my trailer.
When taking the images I had placed the model in the centre of the studio so there was a blank background in the photos. I had then asked the model to hold her hands over her face as if there was a sense of mystery as to whom it was behind the hands, I had then played around with the positioning of the hands in order to create the look I was aiming for. I feel having the face of the model covered adds to the horrific sense of the poster as it makes the blood the main focus of the poster, immediately indicating to the audience what the genre of the film is.

No comments:

Post a Comment